Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bashment Review and Pics: Leisa Engel's birthnite bash 'Strawberry Fantasies/Lingerie Dreams'


See, I told you…

If you missed Leisa Engel’s “Strawberry Fantasies/Lingerie Dreams” Birthnite Bash last Friday at Caribbean Flavor (located at 321 Babbitt Road), what else can I say?

Well, where do I begin? I know what you are thinking… a lingerie party? Hmmmm, I don’t know…. But YES. Let me tell you the party was NICE y’all. I was loving it all – décor, the theme and especially the music! The masses were definitely in the house to support Cleveland’s first lady of Dancehall; all Cleveland promoters, crews, selectors were in the place to wish Leisa a happy birthday. (And the fellas to get a look at the ladies in their ling-ling, I’m sure).

Chat ‘Bout Cleveland decided to arrive at the venue a little on the early side and good thing! The parking lot gage was on FULL at about 12:30! Luckily, I grabbed one of the last few parking spots, and followed the booming sounds coming from the club. Ready to party, my mode was interrupted by a party patron ‘commenting’ about the admission. As the doorman explained there was a lingerie party, I chuckled to myself since she was obviously dressed for the theme (see, SOME men don’t even notice!). While the patron continues to ‘comment’ about the price - I was tempted to pay the extra money just so she could hurry the line and I can get in.

As I FINALLY entered Flavor, I noticed all the barmaids and Mrs. Lurlene in full lingerie/pajama mode. Okay, okay, I am feeling this… Then I see the deep red curtain accented with the beaded curtain and red balloons to create the boudoir look. To further add to the elements of the theme, guests were treated to strawberries with whipped cream and Leisa’s birthday cake? What else? But a cassata cake (filled with strawberries and cream)- adorned with her picture, of course.

After spotting the guest of honor taking a few pics, (looking cutey cute in her purple bustier with black slip and garter), taking a look around the venue, the lingerie/pajama theme was present as some fellas decided to do the silky pj or boxer thing and the ladies settled somewhere between the playful sleep date and sex kitten look. But, it was all in good taste and most importantly, good fun! The people came to have a great time as they danced to the tunes of DJ Chubbie as well as other Cleveland selectors, Super Dee and New Horizon Powerstone supplied a few tunes as well.

As the crowd grew thicker, the party kicked in full gear as guest selector, Jaime Hype ripped the set, WOW! Playing tunes like, ‘Tek wey Yourself’, ‘Doh’ and of course ‘Money Changer’, the masses couldn't help but to keep dancing! Let me tell you, the tunes were NICE and I will definitely be in the look out for Jaime Hype at the next bash!

Also in the place to wish Leisa a happy birthday, longtime supporter, Lady Spyda (showing the masses she still ‘got’ it), the Waistline Crew (Trini, I missed you again!), Punkie and Nunkie, the beautiful Ms. Lovie and Eva Ready Camille, CoCo Tea (loving the boxers), Maggie Untouchable alongside Naughty Nurse Sharon and French maid Michie Boo, The Barbie Doll Bashment crew (arriving fashionably late), New Horizon fam DJ Curly, Ms. Punkin, Shavon, Summer Body Suzette and Stacy.

All in all, this was a great dance! Big up yourself Cleveland for showing a lot of love, making this bash a blast and of course - keeping – it- classy!
(Next year, I won’t CHICKEN out – I promise!) In the meantime, enjoy the pics.....


Mad ‘cause I forgot to get some cake,


Bashy







































































No comments: